Sunday, March 7, 2010

Not For Eating

Play-Doh: a modeling compound used by children for art and craft projects at home and in school.

I remember a book report I once did for school, fourth grade possibly, but I can't be too sure. I, being a scholarly young girl, read the entirety of the novel. I, then, contemplated the scene and images I wanted to use for my book float. After a long time of pondering, I decided to sculpt a train, a colorful train passing through the cities the novel contained. Using Play-Doh, I crafted each and every box-car to perfection.

I wish life was like containers of this magic clay. I wish I could sit and sculpt out the perfect life and have everything go exactly as planned. The world would be better if it was left up to me and my Play-Doh.

No matter how much I wish I could sit and make my life a brilliant masterpiece down to every last detail, I know this will never be so. As much as that saddens me, I am at peace.

As I think about life, I realize, life is like a train. Life is like a train. You get on at the beginning, you get off at the end. You never know who are going to meet, who will get on at the next stop, and when someone may get off. People can come and go from our lives just as quickly as passengers get on and off of a train. Once their ride is through, they are gone. Yet, this is not something to dwell upon or be sad about. We were lucky enough to have them for that part of the ride to begin with.

Just as with a train, there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel for us. No matter how bad life may seem to get, or how rough and rocky the tracks become, there is always hope at the end of the tunnel. Hold on. You can make it. I promise.

On my train, there is always a new adventure around every bend. Who knows what friends I will be making, who I am going to fall in love with, and what trouble I am going to get myself into. As I go on these adventures, I know someone will be there with me, taking the same ride I am. I feel so privileged knowing that right now my train is jam-packed of amazing friends and family.

Please, stay with me on this ride for as long as you want, all are welcome. I would enjoy all the company I could get. Don't leave this train, you will be missed. Plenty of Play-Doh is provided for those that wish to sculpt. But keep in mind, its good for sculpting, not for eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment