Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'll Never Let Go, Jack

I want something. I want something I cannot have.

I try to distract myself with replacements and fillers, but none of them seem to over power the desire I have.

Patience is a virtue.

Maybe, just maybe, if I am patient long enough I can get what I want. Although, I don't want to get my hopes up.

Hope for the best, but expect the worst. The motto I choose to live by...TRY to live by. This system seems fool proof. By keeping to this I can't be hurt, yet I feel pain. My hopes tend to get in the way of my expectations. I feel as though this can't be helped. We all have hopes and dreams and desires, and it causes us pain or sorrow when we come to the realization that those dreams will never run in accordance with our reality. It's a disappointment.

How can we get over this disappointment when all we ever think and dream about is our one desire? I don't think I have the answer to this question. So, I choose to remain patient, and maybe, just maybe, everything will work out. Maybe, just maybe, I no longer have to feel the sting of disappointment.

Maybe, my hopes and expectations will collide to form one perfect reality.

Maybe.

So, until then, I'm holding on to my dreams. I know some of them are completely ridiculous and will never be fulfilled. This saddens me, but only to an extent. The joy of having these dreams over powers the sadness I may feel. These dreams of mine, no matter how ridiculous, give me something to hold on to.

Yes, this contrasts that motto, but I guess I don't really care. Screw expecting the worst. No happiness would ever be felt if we only expected the worst out of everything. True, we would never get hurt, but then again we would be hurting 24/7 anyway, and what's the point in that? That's just stupid.

Hold on to your hope and dreams. Who knows what could happen in the future?

I'll never let go of my desires. Not ever.

So, I choose to wait...patiently. I am choosing to see if my dreams, no matter how distant, will ever become my reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment