Tuesday, September 14, 2010

290

Well, school here at BYU has started once again...not that it ever stopped for me to begin with. These past three weeks have been completely amazing. I am so glad to have all of my friends back in Utah with me. Although Spring and Summer terms were totally rock awesome, I am so happy that it is not fall semester.

Now, lets talk about sometime that will be much more entertaining for you folks back at home. Let us discuss some of the qualities I share with a 50 year old man.
1. I can never remember where I put my keys.
2. I will only listen to what you are saying if I think it has some sort of value.
3. I lose my phone...daily.
4. I am considering the switch from Victoria's Secret to Depends.
5. My cholesterol level is 290.

That is right people, you heard it here first. I, Hannah Utley, have the cholesterol level of a 50 year old man. Cool, huh? I am 19 years old and I already take Simvastatin daily. Now, that's just sad. But then again, I guess it's not TOO bad having to take the meds...I mean, it's better to take meds now then to have a heart attack tomorrow.

I would just like to thank my perfect genetics for this special gift they have bestowed upon my head. Along with this whole "I have high cholesterol" thing, I was also blessed with the ability to black out when I get blood taken. My sister and I have this problem...I think my dad has it too.

Story Time: When I went home for the two week break/my sister's wedding, I went to go get my blood drawn so they could, in fact, check my cholesterol level. As I sat down, the woman drawing my blood was very kind to me. She found a good vein in a snap and it only took her once to get the needle in perfectly. In order to stay distracted and to not think about the fact that my blood was gushing into these huge tubes, I sang a rap song for my mother. She was not amused. According to my mother, unlike my sister's blood that was slow moving, my blood was more or less squirting out at a great speed...sorry for that visual.

Anyway, as I was finishing, I began to feel terrible, light headed, and just overall weird. I rested my head on the counter to try and regain myself, but it wasn't happening. The nurses decided to move me to the back room so I could lay down. As I looked up, my mom noticed my face was white as a ghost and I looked awful. I stoop up all right with some help, but as we moved to the back room things turned from all right to worst. I broke out into a sweat and my vision got fuzzy and black...it was going, going, going, and then gone. Complete black. Neat. I somehow got onto the bed in the back and began to regain composure.

All the woman took from me was a few tubes of blood! What?! So dumb, so dumb, so dumb, SO!
I guess this is in my genes, too? How wonderful. I feel bad for my future children. They're in for a super great treat.

I guess I am done now. I don't really know what else to say and I deem this post long enough.

Peace, Love, and Artichokes.

1 comment:

  1. I found out I had high blood pressure too the other day. Then we went to the fair and I had deep fried doughnuts and pickles. Ah, choices.

    ReplyDelete